Submit Your Application Online
You can now apply for an encroachment permit online!
Please read and review the information carefully before beginning the application process.
Only the projects outlined below can currently use the online system. All applications will be processed by one of four District Offices as identified by the town where the work will be done. Review the listing of towns to find the corresponding District Office for the subject town.
Bond documents are required for permits and the original must be on file with the District Office.
Below is the list of items you can select to apply for a permit online. If the work to be done is not listed, contact your local district office. For more information regarding encroachment permits, please visit the Department of Transportation’s Website.
Types of Projects
- Driveway repaving commercial
- Driveway repaving residential
- Sidewalk construction and repair
- Tree or shrub trimming or removal
- Planting of shrubbery
- Buried longitudinal utilities less than 500 feet
- Traverse buried utilities and buried service connections
- Overhead utility repair, installation or disconnections including blanket permits for overhead utility work
- Tree trimming and removal in conjunction with overhead utilities
- Utility pole installation or replacement including guy wires and anchors, push braces or stay pole
- Utility installations, relocations and/or adjustments, including test pits, in conjunction with DOT construction or resurfacing projects
- Utility installations, relocations and/or adjustments, including test pits, in conjunction with overhead utilities
- Test pits
- Installation of banners, murals, plaques, etc.
- Installation of approved signs
- Subsequent sign work associated with specific information (logo) signs
- Work performed by municipal forces
Contractors or Owners
What You Need:
When completing the application, you will need:
- Detailed Plans for the project to be uploaded
- A copy of the Certificate of Insurance to be uploaded